|Mathews Malnar and Bailey,
applied statistical consulting,
and training services for R&D, product, process,
and manufacturing engineering organizations.
Test and Measurement Systems
In addition to our statistical consulting and training services
MM&B Inc. also builds custom test and measurement systems. If
you already have your hardware we can design and build your
graphical user interface (GUI) or we can help you determine your
hardware needs and then build and deliver a turn-key system.
We specialize in easy to use, intuitive GUIs that integrate all your
hardware, test administration, test condition specifications,
measurement feedback, and test results reporting needs. Our software
capabilities are limited to .NET and legacy languages like VB6. We
do not use LabView.
Some of the systems that we have built are:
- Spherical photometry (light measurement) systems
- Screen photometry systems
- Goniophotometers (software only)
- LED printed circuit board photometric, thermal, and electrical
- Accelerated (by laser) phosphor damage measurement systems
- Phosphor quantum efficiency systems
- Cold box measurement systems
We can communicate with most lab devices using one or more of the
following communication buses: GPIB/IEEE488, RS232, Ethernet, and
Some of the hardware that we have used on projects includes:
- Multiprogrammers, e.g. KeySight (formerly Agilent and
Hewlett-Packard) 34970A, 34972A, etc.
- DC Power Supplies, e.g. TDK Lambda, KeySight, Keithley, Rigol,
Sorenson, Kepco, etc.
- AC Power Supplies, e.g. Pacific, California Instruments,
Chroma., Kikusui, etc.
- DC Pulsing Supplies, e.g. AvaTech AVR series
- DC SourceMeters, e.g. Keithley 2400 series
- Digital Multimeters, e.g. KeySight, Keithley
- AC Power Meters, e.g. Yokogawa Electric Works (YEW) WT series,
- Function/Arbitrary Waveform Generator, e.g. KeySight 33120A
- Spectrometers, e.g. Optronic Labs OL770, Instrument Systems
CAS140, Avantes, Ocean Optics, LabSphere
- Photometers, e.g. Optronic Labs OL730, LMT, TerraHertz
Technologies, Konika-Minolta, etc.
- Goniophotometers (custom)
- Temperature Controllers, e.g. Arroyo, Accuthermo
- Laser Power Controllers, e.g. Arroyo
- Water Bath Temperature Controllers, e.g. Julabo
All systems are delivered with:
Contact Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-350-0911
for more information.
- An appropriate system validation study and report
- All source code, fully documented
- Copies of all mechanical and electrical drawings
- A detailed user's guide
- Hands on training for the staff who will operate
and maintain the system
- Manufacturers' warranties on all purchased
- One year warranty on the integrated mechanical,
electrical, and software systems
- One year technical support by phone, e-mail, and
MM&B Inc. Home Page